Supporting ground-breaking projects that are the growth engine of the Albanian economy.
Wolf Theiss Tirana is a trusted partner for complex transactions in Albania, where the government has made significant efforts to improve its business climate in recent years. Our team of lawyers specialises in all core areas of business law, with particular strengths in corporate law, banking and finance, projects and real estate.
Success in Albania means large-scale cross-border projects. With local knowledge combined with the firm’s regional resources and expertise, Wolf Theiss Tirana supports clients in even the most complex and ground-breaking cases.
Why Wolf Theiss Tirana
Wolf Theiss Tirana has developed its legal practice based on a great team of experienced lawyers with a profound understanding of the local operating environment.
The team stands out for its ability to deliver prompt, efficient and high-quality legal services. Responsive to the client’s diverse needs, our team in Tirana can deliver results while managing tight deadlines.
“The ability to understand our problems correctly, to address them and to propose the most efficient solution. The communication and professionalism of the top management stays far above the market competition.”– The Legal 500
“Sources highlight the lawyers for the quality of their service, with one noting: “They are very supportive and flexible,” and summing up that the practitioners “have done a very good job.”– Chambers Europe
“For more than 15 years, the Wolf Theiss Tirana office has successfully served as a reliable partner to the most successful foreign investors and large scale and complex commercial and financial operations in Albania. Our lawyers often spearhead legal developments in the most sophisticated legal matters in the country. Our team’s success in mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance, regulatory, real estate and in-depth industry understanding in energy, telecoms and insurance is founded on a stable presence of talented lawyers, whose dedication and professionalism is appreciated by our clients. We look forward to continuing to support the most important projects that are the real growth and modernisation engine for the Albanian economy.”
– Sokol Nako, Tirana Managing Partner
“Another interviewee describes the team as “commercial and proactive.””– Chambers Europe
“One impressed client says: ‘I never had any reasons to try alternative lawyers,” before describing the team members as “very focused and effective in their jobs.'”– Chambers Europe
Wolf Theiss Sh.p.k. Rruga Murat Toptani, kati i 4rt, 1001 Tirana, Albania NIPT: K31830008A Kapitali i regjistruar i shoqerise/Registered share capital: 12,950,000 LEKE – Teresisht i shlyer/ Fully paid
Wolf Theiss - Leading Lawyers in CEE&SEE
Compliance statusWe firmly believe that the internet should be available and accessible to anyone, and are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of circumstance and ability. To fulfill this, we aim to adhere as strictly as possible to the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1) at the AA level. These guidelines explain how to make web content accessible to people with a wide array of disabilities. Complying with those guidelines helps us ensure that the website is accessible to all people: blind people, people with motor impairments, visual impairment, cognitive disabilities, and more. This website utilizes various technologies that are meant to make it as accessible as possible at all times. We utilize an accessibility interface that allows persons with specific disabilities to adjust the website’s UI (user interface) and design it to their personal needs. Additionally, the website utilizes an AI-based application that runs in the background and optimizes its accessibility level constantly. This application remediates the website’s HTML, adapts Its functionality and behavior for screen-readers used by the blind users, and for keyboard functions used by individuals with motor impairments. If you’ve found a malfunction or have ideas for improvement, we’ll be happy to hear from you. You can reach out to the website’s operators by using the following email
Screen-reader and keyboard navigationOur website implements the ARIA attributes (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) technique, alongside various different behavioral changes, to ensure blind users visiting with screen-readers are able to read, comprehend, and enjoy the website’s functions. As soon as a user with a screen-reader enters your site, they immediately receive a prompt to enter the Screen-Reader Profile so they can browse and operate your site effectively. Here’s how our website covers some of the most important screen-reader requirements, alongside console screenshots of code examples:
- Screen-reader optimization: we run a background process that learns the website’s components from top to bottom, to ensure ongoing compliance even when updating the website. In this process, we provide screen-readers with meaningful data using the ARIA set of attributes. For example, we provide accurate form labels; descriptions for actionable icons (social media icons, search icons, cart icons, etc.); validation guidance for form inputs; element roles such as buttons, menus, modal dialogues (popups), and others. Additionally, the background process scans all of the website’s images and provides an accurate and meaningful image-object-recognition-based description as an ALT (alternate text) tag for images that are not described. It will also extract texts that are embedded within the image, using an OCR (optical character recognition) technology. To turn on screen-reader adjustments at any time, users need only to press the Alt+1 keyboard combination. Screen-reader users also get automatic announcements to turn the Screen-reader mode on as soon as they enter the website.These adjustments are compatible with all popular screen readers, including JAWS and NVDA.
Disability profiles supported in our website
- Epilepsy Safe Mode: this profile enables people with epilepsy to use the website safely by eliminating the risk of seizures that result from flashing or blinking animations and risky color combinations.
- Visually Impaired Mode: this mode adjusts the website for the convenience of users with visual impairments such as Degrading Eyesight, Tunnel Vision, Cataract, Glaucoma, and others.
- Cognitive Disability Mode: this mode provides different assistive options to help users with cognitive impairments such as Dyslexia, Autism, CVA, and others, to focus on the essential elements of the website more easily.
- ADHD Friendly Mode: this mode helps users with ADHD and Neurodevelopmental disorders to read, browse, and focus on the main website elements more easily while significantly reducing distractions.
- Blindness Mode: this mode configures the website to be compatible with screen-readers such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, and TalkBack. A screen-reader is software for blind users that is installed on a computer and smartphone, and websites must be compatible with it.
- Keyboard Navigation Profile (Motor-Impaired): this profile enables motor-impaired persons to operate the website using the keyboard Tab, Shift+Tab, and the Enter keys. Users can also use shortcuts such as “M” (menus), “H” (headings), “F” (forms), “B” (buttons), and “G” (graphics) to jump to specific elements.
Additional UI, design, and readability adjustments
- Font adjustments – users, can increase and decrease its size, change its family (type), adjust the spacing, alignment, line height, and more.
- Color adjustments – users can select various color contrast profiles such as light, dark, inverted, and monochrome. Additionally, users can swap color schemes of titles, texts, and backgrounds, with over 7 different coloring options.
- Animations – epileptic users can stop all running animations with the click of a button. Animations controlled by the interface include videos, GIFs, and CSS flashing transitions.
- Content highlighting – users can choose to emphasize important elements such as links and titles. They can also choose to highlight focused or hovered elements only.
- Audio muting – users with hearing devices may experience headaches or other issues due to automatic audio playing. This option lets users mute the entire website instantly.
- Cognitive disorders – we utilize a search engine that is linked to Wikipedia and Wiktionary, allowing people with cognitive disorders to decipher meanings of phrases, initials, slang, and others.
- Additional functions – we provide users the option to change cursor color and size, use a printing mode, enable a virtual keyboard, and many other functions.