Press Release Press Release

Wolf Theiss advises Lenders on the sale of Budapest Airport

Budapest, 12 June 2024 – Wolf Theiss advised the Lenders involved in the transaction on the financing, M&A and corporate aspects of the sale of Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport to French infrastructure group Vinci Airports and the Hungarian state-owned investment fund Corvinus.

Wolf Theiss acted as Hungarian counsel to an international syndicate of Lenders on the financing, M&A and corporate aspects of the sale of Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport by sellers AviAlliance, Malton and CDPQ, to a consortium comprised of infrastructure group Vinci Airports and investment fund Corvinus.

This was the most prominent transaction of 2024 in Hungary, with a transaction value of EUR 3.1 billion. Corvinus will acquire an 80% stake of the Budapest airport concession and VINCI Airports will acquire the remaining 20% stake and become the airport operator.

Wolf Theiss advised the lenders on all Hungarian legal and regulatory aspects of the transaction relating to the re-negotiation and extension of the existing financing of the airport. The firm worked as local counsel for a team from Latham & Watkins’ London office, acting as lead counsel to the lenders on the transaction.

The core Wolf Theiss team advising on the transaction was led by Zoltán Faludi (Partner, Dispute Resolution) and included János Tóth (Partner, Corporate/M&A), Melinda Pelikán (Counsel, Banking & Finance), Gergely Szalóki (Senior Associate, Banking & Finance), László Lovas (Associate, Banking & Finance), Kinga Kajcsos (Associate, Corporate/M&A), Tímea Csajági (Associate, Dispute Resolution), Viktória Horváth (Associate, Banking & Finance), Lilla Lantai (Associate, Corporate/M&A) and Virág Lőcsei (Associate, Projects).

Download PDF in English

Download PDF