Our Wolf Theiss event Romania’s Move towards a Decarbonized Future will bring together important players in the domestic energy power generation market.
We cordially invite you to the Wolf Theiss Energy Summit and look forward to seeing you on Wednesday, 25 October 2023. The event will begin at 14:30 and will focus on the hot ticket topic of how Romania may achieve a decarbonized energy market over the next decade and beyond.
The welcome coffee will be followed by two interactive panel debates and a Q&A session. We will then move on to a relaxed atmosphere at the Novotel Hotel Bucharest City Centre for some informal discussions over a glass of wine.
14:30 – 15:00 – Welcome coffee
15:00 – 16:30 – Panel 1: Improving energy storage solutions for renewable energy
This panel will focus on how traditional renewable energy sources (e.g. wind and solar) can meet baseload electricity demand, through deployment of new technologies and solutions in energy storage and other strategies.
- Bryan Jardine, Partner, Wolf Theiss
- Rareş Hurghiş – General Manager FEL Romania, about “RES and prosumers in Romania”
- Olivian Savin – Marketing & Communication Manager, Future Energy Leaders Romania, about “Pumped Storage Hydropower”
- Liviu Gavrilă – Vice-president Romania Wind Energy Association (RWEA), about hybrid projects and how they can be a solution for baseload electricity demand
- Sebastian Enache – Head of M&A Monsson S.à.r.l., about Mireasa Hybrid Power Plant 50MW. Monsson’s integration of Wind, Photovoltaic and Storage in one Hybrid Power Plant
- Valentin Bârgău Gheorghiu – VP of Corporate Operations, Restart Energy, about Renewable investments, investors and capital markets in Energy
16:30 – 16:45 – Coffee break
16:45 – 17:45 – Panel 2: The role of nuclear power in achieving a decarbonized future
This panel will discuss developments in the nuclear energy market in Romania, including the plans to deploy small modular reactors (SMR).
- Adina Aurel, Counsel, Wolf Theiss
- Eli Corso-Phinney – Commercial Officer, Embassy of the United States of America in Romania, about the importance of SMRs for Romania and the region in the context of energy security
- Andrei Rădulescu – SMR Expert, RoPower Nuclear
- Teodor Minca – Country Manager, Framatome, about nuclear energy role in zero emissions
17:45 – 18:00 – Closing remarks
18:00 – 19:30 – Cocktail reception
Join us for the first edition of the Wolf Theiss Energy Summit, an event dedicated to Romania’s renewable energy sector!
We are striving to make our events greener!
You too can play an essential role: you can make an important contribution to reducing CO2 emissions by choosing alternative transportation instead of using a car.
The Wolf Theiss team
When & Where:
Date: 25 October 2023
Location: Novotel Hotel Bucharest, Paris conference room, Calea Victoriei 37B, Bucharest