On 24 March 2020, the Serbian Ministry of Labour, Employment, Veterans and Social Rights published a detailed explanation of the rights and obligations of employers and employees during a state of emergency, as well as the table with calculations of salaries and compensation of salaries, which can be found at the following link.
The Ministry of Labour provided the guidance to the employer regarding the:
- Organization of work from home and the payment of salary for such work;
- Work of the employed parent with a child under 12 years of age;
- Rights of employees in self-isolation or quarantine ordered by a state authority;
- Rights of employees during annual leave;
- Rights of employees during a temporary stop or a reduction of the work of the employer without the employee's fault (Art.116 of the Labour Law);
- Rights of employees during a temporary stop of work of the employer based on a decision issued by a state authority or the employer (Art.117 of the Labour Law);
- Rights of employees on sick or paid leave;
- Rights of the employer to send the employee on unpaid leave;
- Rights of employees in case of dismissal due to redundancy.
In case you need any clarification regarding this instruction, please feel free to contact us.
Bulevar Mihajla Pupina 6
SRB – 11070 Belgrade
T. +381 11 330 2900